Applicants are required to meet the following Liverpool Hope University entry requirements before being accepted onto the School Direct Programme:
- Honours degree 2:1 or above, (or equivalent) incorporating at least 50% of your specialist subject. Honours degree 2:2 or above for some subjects
- Grade C/5 in English, mathematics and science at GCSE (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of the national curriculum
- The ability to communicate clearly, fluently and accurately in spoken and written Standard English
- High standards of literacy and numeracy is an expectation and will be assessed at interview.
- Any offer of a place on the programme is made conditional on satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formally the Criminal Records Bureau – CRB) and a satisfactory Fitness to Teach Declaration.