Applicants are required to meet the following Liverpool Hope University entry requirements before being accepted onto the School Direct Programme:
- Honours degree 2:1 or above, (or equivalent) incorporating at least 50% of your specialist subject. Honours degree 2:2 or above for some subjects
- Grade C in English, mathematics and science at GCSE (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of the national curriculum
- The ability to communicate clearly, fluently and accurately in spoken and written Standard English
- It is a government requirement that applicants take the numeracy and literacy skills tests as part of the application process. Applicants must ensure they have passed them both before the start of the course. (Link to QTS Skills Tests)
- Any offer of a place on the programme is made conditional on satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formally the Criminal Records Bureau – CRB) and a satisfactory Fitness to Teach Declaration.