Homework helps students by complementing and reinforcing classroom learning, fostering good lifelong learning and study habits, and providing an opportunity for students to be responsible for their own learning.
Regular homework contributes to the development of self-responsibility, independent learning and resilience in children. It is a valuable means of supporting understanding and communication between home and school. It also provides the opportunity for parents / carers to interact positively with their children and be involved with their learning journey.
Homework enables students to:
- Consolidate and extend work covered in class and/or prepare for new learning activities
- Develop research skills
- Provide an opportunity for independent work and learning
- Show progress and understanding
- Enhance their study skills e.g. planning, time management and self-discipline
- Take ownership and responsibility for their own learning
- Engage parental co-operation and support
- Create channels for home school dialogue
Expectations of students:
- To listen to homework instructions in class when teacher goes through the requirements
- To log on each week and use Satchel One to revisit homework, tasks note of deadline and use any resources attached to support with the completion of the homework
- To ensure that homework is completed to the best of their ability and handed in to meet the deadline set by the class teacher
- To attempt all work set
- To inform the class teacher of any difficulties before the given deadline so completion can still occur on time
All homework tasks are set by the class teacher and all students have ONE week to hand in the homework from the date it is set.
If your child has any issues logging on to Satchel One then please see the logging on support document below to assist you with this.
|SMH Messaging Teachers on SMH||16th Mar 2020||Download|
|How to access TT Rockstars||18th Mar 2020||Download|
|Satchel One Student Log on Instructions September 2021||03rd Sep 2021||Download|
|Homework 2021 HOD Descriptions Sept 2021||14th Sep 2021||Download|
|Hope Academy Satchel One Notifications ALL YEAR GROUPS||27th Nov 2020||Download|